- 1 How do I read my WD serial number?
- 2 What do Western Digital Colours mean?
- 3 How do I know if my WD hard drive is genuine?
- 4 What is the difference between Western Digital SSD colors?
- 5 Is WD Passport SMR?
- 6 Where is my WD SSD serial number?
- 7 What are the different Western Digital colors?
- 8 What is Western Digital Black used for?
- 9 What is the difference between Western Digital hard drives?
- 10 How do I check my WD hard drive health?
- 11 How long is WD warranty?
- 12 How do I register my WD hard drive?
- 13 Which color WD SSD is best?
- 14 What is the difference between Western Digital Blue and Black SSD?
- 15 Which SSD is best?
How do I read my WD serial number?
Look on the side and bottom of the device for a sticker with a barcode. This sticker has a number labeled either “MDL” or “P/N.” This is your drive’s model number. There should also be another copy of this sticker on the box the drive was sold in.
What do Western Digital Colours mean?
WD Blue and Green are used for the general purposes of storage, with Blue being slightly more reliable and Green being more eco-friendly. WD Black is for pure performance in media, gaming, and content creation. WD Red is for network-assisted storage. It is designed for (and only compatible with) NAS systems.
How do I know if my WD hard drive is genuine?
Check the date of import and mfg date if they show difference of 6 months or more check R/N is same on sticker and pcb. Fake ones have no same r/n numbers. So if you got drive without WD logo don’t say straight away it’s fake as WD uses different prints from different region.
What is the difference between Western Digital SSD colors?
Much like WD’s hard disk drives, their range of SSDs are also categorized by colors. The WD Blue is their mainstream SSD, whereas the Green is their entry-level SSD and the Black is their high-end enthusiast-grade SSD.
Is WD Passport SMR?
It turns out that WD has also been using SMR technology since last 2016 in its external hard drives. In response to our specific query, WD officially confirmed the use of SMR platters in the hard drive inside the WD My Passport 5TB 2019 edition.
Where is my WD SSD serial number?
Basic hard drive info
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt and click the top result to open the app.
- Type the following command to check the name, brand, model, and serial number information and press Enter: wmic diskdrive get model,serialNumber,size,mediaType. Source: Windows Central.
What are the different Western Digital colors?
Western Digital (WD) has 6 different hard drive types; Black, Blue, Red, Purple, Green, and Gold.
What is Western Digital Black used for?
The WD Black Drive is most suitable for aggressive PC use such as: Accounting, Video Editing, Rendering, and Gaming. The Western Digital Blue Drive Series is best used for basic computing.
What is the difference between Western Digital hard drives?
The Western Digital Blue is the hard-disk drive (HDD) built for the desktop, while the Black takes things to the next level for professionals and gamers. Enterprise and server owners have the Gold series to look through and the Red series of drives are specifically designed for NAS use.
How do I check my WD hard drive health?
- Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_vx_xx.zip.
- Extract and run the program, WinDlg_vx_xx.exe.
- Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
- On the main program screen, there are two windows.
- Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
How long is WD warranty?
Unless otherwise required by law, the term of your limited hardware warranty is ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original purchase by the end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”).
How do I register my WD hard drive?
All you have to do is:
- Go to WD support portal and sign in or register an account if you don’t have one.
- Next, register your product if you haven’t done so when you first purchased it.
- Once your product is registered, go to WD Product Support and under RMA click “create”.
Which color WD SSD is best?
WD Blue gives computing professionals the power they need. WD Blue HDDs and SSDs are ideal for desktop, laptop, and all-in-one PCs with a variety of form factors and storage capacities. Delivers blazing-fast file access, reads and writes – ideal for creative professionals, business people, college students, etc.
What is the difference between Western Digital Blue and Black SSD?
SSDs are still relatively expensive but you have choices in terms of capacity and performance levels. WD’s Blue SSD is great for casual users and provides a balance of performance and cost. The Black PCIe SSD is a step up from there, for those who can afford it, but it’s still relatively affordable.
Which SSD is best?
The best SSDs you can buy today (NVMe)
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus.
- Corsair MP400.
- Addlink S70.
- Intel SSD 665P.
- WD Blue SN550. A great value M.
- Crucial P1. An excellent SSD for everyday use.
- Adata XPG SX8200 Pro. An SSD drive suitable for just about anyone.
- Sabrent Rocket. Taking SSDs to the next level.