- 1 What does it mean when someone says I’ve got your number?
- 2 What does getting your number mean?
- 3 Where did I’ve got your number come from?
- 4 What does it mean to have a little number?
- 5 What does it mean to walk on clouds?
- 6 What miss the boat mean?
- 7 What does it mean knock your socks off?
- 8 Who sang I Got Your number?
- 9 What is the little number on top of a number?
- 10 What is the little number after an element called?
What does it mean when someone says I’ve got your number?
to understand someone or realize the true purpose of their actions. I’ve got your number – don’t think you can fool me. Synonyms and related words. To understand someone’s character or thinking. engage with.
What does getting your number mean?
The expression to have someone’s number means to thoroughly understand someone and their motives, which are usually hidden to most people. Often, the phrase I’ve got your number is used to warn someone that you are on to their nefarious pursuits, and their deceit will not work on you.
Where did I’ve got your number come from?
About I’ve Got Your Number “I’ve Got Your Number” is from the 1962 Broadway musical Little Me, the second musical that Cy Coleman and Carolyn Leigh wrote (the first being Wildcat, written for Lucille Ball).
What does it mean to have a little number?
“Little number” means “a specific thing”. I hear (not often enough), “She’s a hot little number.” Meaning this specific girl is a hottie. So in this case he is saying that this specific bottle of wine is a very nice bottle of wine.
What does it mean to walk on clouds?
Idiom: walking on clouds: EnglishLearning “Walking on a cloud” is an expression that means feeling very happy.
What miss the boat mean?
1. Fail to take advantage of an opportunity, as in Jean missed the boat on that club membership. This expression, which alludes to not being in time to catch a boat, has been applied more widely since the 1920s.
What does it mean knock your socks off?
informal.: to affect or impress someone in a very strong and favorable way This song will knock your socks off.
Who sang I Got Your number?
I’ve Got Your Number is a chick literature novel, which is full of humorous situations and romance. In the book, Poppy is finally getting married to the love of her life Magnus Tavish. She is dreaming about her perfect life when things turn upside down.
What is the little number on top of a number?
The power (or exponent) of a number says how many times to use the number in a multiplication. It is written as a small number to the right and above the base number.
What is the little number after an element called?
The little number you see to the right of the symbol for an element is called a subscript. That number indicates the number of atoms of that element present in the compound. When balancing an equation, you can change the coefficients but not the subscripts.