- 1 What is an example of appropriate?
- 2 What do you mean by appropriate?
- 3 What is the meaning of most appropriate?
- 4 What does not appropriate mean?
- 5 What is an example of inappropriate?
- 6 What makes something appropriate?
- 7 Which are appropriate word?
- 8 How do you use appropriate?
- 9 What is the full meaning of appreciate?
- 10 What is another word for most suitable?
- 11 What does looking proper mean?
- 12 What is the inappropriate word?
- 13 What is inappropriate vocabulary?
- 14 What do you mean by inappropriate controllership?
What is an example of appropriate?
The definition of appropriate is to put aside or take something for one’s self or some other specific person. Stashing away a piece of cake for a friend is an example of to appropriate. Putting money aside for a vacation is an example of to appropriate. Appropriate is defined as something that is right for the purpose.
What do you mean by appropriate?
transitive verb. 1: to take exclusive possession of: annex No one should appropriate a common benefit. 2: to set apart for or assign to a particular purpose or use appropriate money for a research program. 3: to take or make use of without authority or right natural habitats that have been appropriated for human
What is the meaning of most appropriate?
adjective. suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example;an appropriate dress. belonging to or peculiar to a person; proper: Each played his appropriate part.
What does not appropriate mean?
: not right or suited for some purpose or situation: not appropriate or suitable. See the full definition for inappropriate in the English Language Learners Dictionary. inappropriate.
What is an example of inappropriate?
The definition of inappropriate is someone or something that is not within the bounds of what is considered appropriate or socially acceptable. Wearing a cheerful and revealing outfit to a somber funeral is an example of wearing something inappropriate.
What makes something appropriate?
Something appropriate is correct and fits the situation. A sweater-vest with reindeer on it is appropriate holiday apparel, even if it’s totally embarrassing. The adjective appropriate is used when something is suitable or fitting.
Which are appropriate word?
Some common synonyms of appropriate are apt, felicitous, fitting, fit, happy, meet, proper, and suitable. While all these words mean “right with respect to some end, need, use, or circumstance,” appropriate implies eminent or distinctive fitness.
How do you use appropriate?
Appropriate sentence example
- I didn’t think it appropriate to tell you who I was.
- He couldn’t have chosen a more appropriate song.
- If I want to sunbathe, I should buy appropriate clothing.
- I wasn’t sure what would be appropriate attire for the restaurant.
- The search for appropriate luggage was tedious.
What is the full meaning of appreciate?
1: to understand the worth or importance of (something or someone): to admire and value (something or someone) The company strives to make its employees feel appreciated.
What is another word for most suitable?
What does looking proper mean?
2: belonging characteristically to a species or individual: peculiar. 3 chiefly dialectal: good-looking, handsome.
What is the inappropriate word?
incorrect, tasteless, unsuitable, unseemly, improper, wrong, irrelevant, disproportionate, garbage, ill-suited, ill-timed, inapplicable, incongruous, indecorous, inept, malapropos, off, unbecoming, undue, unfit.
What is inappropriate vocabulary?
The word “appropriate” means correct or proper and since the little prefix “in” turns its meaning around, something inappropriate is considered not proper or suitable.
What do you mean by inappropriate controllership?
What do you mean by inappropriate controllership? The definition of controllership is the position of controller, the position in charge and in command. The person in a corporation who is in charge of accounting and auditing is an example of a person who holds the responsibility of the controllership.